I caught this little pearl rolling off IHM’s Blog, and boy, is this spreading like the flu!
So here’s my confession. My Sins against Gender Stereotypes:
1. I play the drums and I love rock (not heavy metal though)
2. I’ve been glued to the TV since the world cup started. (Longer than my brother, oh the horror!!)
3. I’m not a soft talker… or laugher, I have opinions and give them. (never the only-to-be-seen-not-heard type of kid)
4. I’d rather kick or punch, than slap. I can snap my fingers too! hehe…
5. I get angry really quick. And once I’m a friend, I’m loyal forever more. (a la Veeru and Jai) Also, most of my friends are guys!
6. I would rather wear comfortable clothes than anything that just looks good (sneakers instead of chappals)
7. I looooooooooooove dogs! And I’m not averse to getting dirty or muddy or ‘icky’
8. I don’t scream in horror at the sight of a cockroach, lizard or snake. In fact (lol) as a kid, I used to pick up snails and chase squealing girls around the school yard! (I kept the snails right back though, no worries!)
9. I dislike strong perfumes, no matter how ‘sweet’, ‘summery’, ‘heavenly’, ‘flirty’ or ‘fruity’ they smell!
10. My favorite colour is a shade of blue!!
I really really dislike stereotypes. And having to fit in.
Each person is an individual, is unique, even if the only difference between one and the next is a different favorite shade of blue! And believing that there are ways of classifying people for ease of understanding is ignorant. It makes people angry and resentful and frustrated.
Plus, if everyone in the world behaved stereotypically, then we’d be living in such a boring life!
So here’s to the no-so-stereotypical! Cheers!
And here’s who I tag!
Here’s the tag – Please list at least ten things you have ever wanted or done which your gender is not supposed to.
The tag is called ‘My Sins against Gender-Stereotypes’. And you must tag twelve blogging friends or else you will be cursed to wear blue clothes pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years haha! :P