Shopping and Hotels
When I started with NaBloPoMo, I had no idea it would be this hard!
I went shopping today, thinking i was getting two jobs done. Brilliant retail therapy, and something to write a post on.
Un-for-tu-nate-ly, going shopping in Delhi summers (and it’s gotten hot again) means getting kinda drained out.
Which means getting back home, and having just about enough energy to take a shower, change into something comfy, turn on the AC, and maybe watch a movie. (Hey it’s vacations, no homework!)
So the highlights of today?
– Checking out almost every shoe shop at South Ex. for a pair of shoes that didn’t have chamki glitter or gigantic stones on them, weren’t made of leather, and didn’t have needle thin heels. Not easy, but mission accomplished.
– Crossing from one side of the market to the other (subway) thrice.
– Picking a Spain jersey (which I couldn’t get a name printed on, cause they ran out of letters or ink or something).
– Grinning stupidly at two VERY cute sales guys at Allen Solly. And hearing two other customers grumble about how billing was taking too long! :P
– And ending up with around 10 shopping bags.
The movie: ‘Hotel for Dogs’.
It’s light, funny, has a teeny bit of romance, and is rather entertaining for anyone who has even a mild liking for dogs! And little kids will love it. I thought the brother-sister bit where Andi and Bruce cry (as they’re being separated) was kind of over-done. But if you can overlook bits like that, it’s a feel good movie for anyone who’s ever dreamed of being a super-hero (And kicking dog-catcher ass!)
Now I’m off to catch the Germany- Uruguay match (and be half deafened by the vuvuzela’s)!