These are a few of my Favorite Things
It rained again today, and I was lucky enough to be at home (and not in a vibrating auto-rickshaw) to capture some pretty decent shots!
The bokeh, soft light, shades of green, tiny drops of water and the light drizzle in the background made me think of all the little things that make me happy. Some I’ve seen, some felt, and some I’ve just read about. But these little details in people, places and things give me a swoosh-y feeling in my heart region. :D
So here goes! When the world is full of sorrow, here’s what gives me hope for the ‘morrow:
– Days when it rains while the sun shines. I’ve heard it means that a fox is getting married! :D But to me, it’s more than rainbows (rainbows and butterflies. It’s compromise that moves us along. My hearts always full and… ). It’s getting to watch tiny drops of light settle on everything around me, my hair and eyelashes, and how the air smells so clean and fresh!
– People who smell of freshly baked goodies! And chocolate! Or maybe lemon and oranges. The first is from Chocolat, and the second from and Roxanne (Inkheart).
– Photos with gentle lighting, soft colours, and bokeh.
– Frederick Wentworth and Fitzwilliam Darcy.
– Lyrics of some songs. To name two singers:
John Mayer: “I’ll never let your head hit the bed
Without my hand behind it”
“In all my reverie
I thought I felt us there
A feather in my hand
a flower in your hair”
And Jason Mraz:
“Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you’re free
Look into your heart and you’ll find love love love love”
– A soft warm bed with white sheets and a fluffy quilt on a day when I’m tired. And a mug of hot chocolate.
– Bright, colourful and plentiful stationery! Happy happy! Joy joy! :D
– The idea of having my own vegetable garden! And eating fresh food, straight from my garden… *dopey grin* sigh…
Oh there’s so SO much more I could write!
But I have a Spain-Netherlands match to watch, and you should be glued to the tv too!